Saturday, December 16, 2006

The cookies we made....


Brittle Cracker Candy

Aluminum foil
40 saltine crackers
1 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup nuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Place a layer of aluminum foil on a 1-inch deep cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and arrange a single layer of saltine crackers on top of the foil.
Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Pour over the crackers.
Bake for 5 minutes, or until the crackers float to the top.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. After the chips melt, spread evenly, and sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
Cool; cut into 2-inch bars.
Makes 30 servings.





I won't post the recipe for this one. Everyone probably already has it. I did use the mint kisses and the cherry cordial kisses in the middle.

5 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

What magazine did you get those from? I don't believe you. doesn't feel nice does it?

Lura said...

Well, I did post pictures of us making them, and the other ones aren't perfect and have my kitchen counter under them.....

Cheryl said...

I bet you really made yours!! They look good.

Char said...

She really did make them!!! I ate a ton of the cracker ones! YUMMY! My kids ate the P.B. kisses ones.

Amanda said...

I bought saltines to make the one cookies. They look so good. I wouldn't know how they taste because I didn't get any...