Saturday, July 30, 2011

Anniversary Cupcakes

On July 3rd my parents celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary. As they always have the whole family over for the 4th each year, we decided that would be a good time to celebrate.

I made these rainbow cupcakes. They are nothing special, just white cake mix tinted 6 different colors and then layered in cupcake cups. The marshmallow cream frosting was sort of a flop. (Note to self: Don't take untried recipes to get togethers!) The taste was good, but once the frosting got a little warm, it stuck to the waxed paper I had put on top of them during travel. It did make for some cheap entertainment though, as my sister in law attempted to help me loosen the waxed paper by using the blow dryer to try and release the frosting with heat. (Note to self: That didn't work real well.) Just very thankful that I didn't go with my first inclination which was to pipe "40" on the top of each of them in a contrasting color. :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I LOVE THESE!!! What a fun idea! :) Even though the the frosting maybe wasn't what you hoped for, I bet they were amazing and greatly appreciated :)