Monday, November 05, 2007

Vomit Report (Sorry it's Cheryl's fault)

Well, this morning Isaiah threw up after drinking milk. I knew it wasn't a good idea, but it is the only thing he is asking for. I ended up calling the Dr.'s office shortly after they opened only to have them ask "do you want to bring him in?". That aggravates me only because I call them to have them tell me what to do, not the other way around. Finally she says "would you like me to talk to the Dr.?" and I'm thinking "um yeah, that's why I called", but I said "yes" and she said she would call me back.

In the meantime, I get Isaiah to eat some applesauce and he keeps it down. The Dr.'s office finally calls me back and says that I can give him some over the counter medicine for nausea (Emetrol). I decided to hold off on getting it as he has eaten and kept it down. He also went pee on the potty which is a good sign.

Right now he is sleeping, so I guess we will see how the rest of the night goes. I have to go into work for awhile tonight. Blah.

**Edited to add: As soon as I hit "Publish Post", I heard Ethan crying. He had been sleeping. I got to him just in time with the "throw up dish". Looks like he's got it too.

5 comments:

Char said...

OH NO!!!!! NOOOO!!!!!! I'm so sorry!

Unknown said...

At least your kids will use a throw up dish, the last time Jakob was sick he did not want to put his head down and it was much more projectile then it should have been. Also, I know that everyone says just give them a little bit, but with my boys it is ALOT that they need to eat to stop puking.

Cheryl said...

OH NO. Not another one. You are going to have a long couple of days. Poor babies!

Crystal said...

OH I can't tell you how proud I am that you girls are learning to talk about gross things! ha ha I love it!

I always make my boys vomit on towels, that way I just fold it and throw it away if it's really bad or throw it in the wash........it's much easier!

Now that the other boys are getting it tells you its a virus.......I pray that you don't get it! I hope they all feel better soon!

SamandSawyersMom said...

the towel thing is very disburbing!!! Isn't it easier to dump it form a dish into the toilet..yuck..a towel?

Oh I am trying to get my stomach back where it belongs from the towel visual...whew there we go.

Poor things..did you take him tothe doctor yet??