Thursday, February 01, 2007

Two good recipes

These are two new recipes that I've tried in the past week.

Spiced Pork Chops

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. dried oregano
1/8 tsp. dried basil
1/8 tsp. salt
1 pinch pepper

In a shallow dish, combine the first 10 ingredients; dredge pork chops on both sides. In a skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Place in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.

4 pork loin chops
1 c. ketchup
1 c. water
1/4 c. brown sugar

Combine ketchup, water, and brown sugar; pour over chops. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender.



Kitty Kit's Parmesan Pull Aparts



1 can of biscuits

2 tsp. dry parsley

1 T. Parmesan cheese

1/4 c. butter

1/4 tsp. dry onion (onion salt)

1 half pound of mozzarella cheese (8 oz)



Melt butter in a round pan on low heat. Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Add parsley and onion to butter. Place biscuit pieces into pan. Top with cheese. Bake at 425 for 10-15 min. Serve upside down on plate



I really liked the bread. Next time I may switch garlic for the parsley just because I love garlic bread with cheese.

8 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, wow, these sound goooooood! I'm definitely gonna make these!

Char said...

Yummy! I'm going to try the bread for sure!

SamandSawyersMom said...

The bread looks awesome, gotta try that right away

SamandSawyersMom said...

hey, i know that i am not the brightest crayon in the box but i don't get the picture. if i read that correctly then the cheese shouldn't be on top if you serve it flipped right? please explain, i am confused. So you serve bread with cheese on the bottom?

Char said...

My guess would be that some of the cheese melts down thru the bread and into the pan. Hmmm... I actually wondered that myself!

Cheryl said...

Kevin wants me to make the pull aparts, I'll let ya know when I do.

Lura said...

You're right, the cheese is on the bottom. Some goes through and some just cooks to the bottom.

Crystal said...

Time to post, sista!