Sunday, February 11, 2007

Lovely Evening


OK, I really can't use words like "lovely". They just aren't me. Last night we went to my brothers church for a Valentines Dinner and a Movie. They had free child care during dinner and the movie which was wonderful. For dinner we had spaghetti with meatballs, bread sticks, salad, and dessert. The room was dark and lit with candles. The tables had tablecloths and hearts. Their youth group members were the waiters. When we first walked in the door they were all so overly anxious to take our coats and the kids. Hey, if anyone wants to be overly excited about taking my kids, I'm all for it. The kids ate in a separate room, and I'm thankful to whoever had to feed my kids spaghetti and then clean it up! Once a week is enough for me.


After dinner we were given Hershey kisses. Tim's was in a little bag and mine was shaped like a flower with a stem. Then they led us upstairs to the sanctuary which was dark and had lots of candles in mason jars. My sister in law's dad was playing the piano before the show. The movie we watched was "The Lake House" with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. It was different.


All in all, a good night. They took donations for their youth programs, camp, etc.

5 comments:

Char said...

That does sound lovely! I would have loved doing that!! Glad you had some good, kid free time together.

SamandSawyersMom said...

When I first got to your page..I saw LONLEY EVEING, as I was reading I was thinking, when does it get lonley, it sounds great. I am glad you had a great LOVELY evening. I will let you know about Gina!

Cheryl said...

Wow that sounds wonderful.. That is really a good idea. I'm glad you had a good time.

Crystal said...

That sounds so romantic and fun! I'm glad you got to go!

Jamie said...

Oh, I'd love to do something like that. How fun!! It's so sweet that the church does that for people, very thoughtful!!