Friday, February 09, 2007

Every Day Dream

Every day I have the same dream. It's not the kind of dream you have while sleeping, but more of a wishful dream. I think to myself, "as soon as the boys go to bed, I'm going to get the whole house clean, organized, and decluttered". Every night I am disappointed. If only good intentions meant a clean and organized house! When I have the dream, I have some energy. After making supper and wrestling to get 3 boys into bed, I'm beat.

Tonight I am working on the kitchen. I've got a load of dishes in the dishwasher and another load soaking in the sink. I've got a pile of stuff that needs put away in other rooms. The kitchen, unfortunately, tends to get a lot of junk dumped in it.

Amanda told me that our dreams are the hope that we cling to. It's what keeps us from despair. I suppose that's true. I just can't believe that I buy into it every day! You would think that sooner or later I'd catch on that today is not going to be the day and tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Between 9- midnight every night is my favorite time of the day. It's my "me" time. I'm going to go savor it now and make part of my "dream" a reality!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I need to do some organizing of my own! So, did you get alot done???

Cheryl said...

I have the same dream and disappointment each day. You're not alone. But when comes down to it, playing in the snow or reading an extra book, or even coloring is so much more important than the dishes, they'll wait.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Ah that was nice to read. Sounded like it came out of a "Country Living" magazine or something. That dream is very popular I guess. I go as far as writing a list as to how I will do it but....I get the same result at the end of my day.

Char said...

I know exactly what you mean! Let me help you make goals for cleaning like you helped me with cooking meals! :)
Also, do you want to start up a blog game of some sort?

SamandSawyersMom said...

We want to see pics of you now that you are skinny...come on. I did the track pants!

Lura said...

I got a little bit done in the kitchen. My house is not horrible, but if I let it go a day or two it's starts to look out of hand.