Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Trying to rejoice

"Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5 NIV

OK, I'm not sure than I can consider sugar withdrawal suffering, but it sure feels like it. I have had the most horrible headache today! I am feeling better though, so hopefully I'm through the worst of it.

I weighed in at work yesterday for the start of our challenge. I was 239! I'm pretty sure that is more than what I weighed when pregnant with Isaiah! I will keep you updated on my progress. I will probably post the new weight weekly and maybe add a side bar to the blog of my progress. I am trying to mainly give up sugar, drink only water and diet pop or sugar free Crystal light, and do moderation. This was my menu for today:

B- 2-3 scrambled eggs and 2 slices of bacon/ Diet Coke
L- 1 hot dog with mustard and 32 Frito's (yes I counted out a serving)
S- Round steak (broiled), a crescent roll with butter, a salad with bacon, mozzarella, and Caesar/ Diet Coke

4 comments:

kellerie said...

hang in there! i'm right with you at 240, and i'm trying to get back to 170, at least. we can suffer together.

Crystal said...

I'm sure the headache was from sugar withdrawal, that's what happens to me when I don't have caffeine. I am praying for you.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I remember those first few days when you are so angry for dieting that you begin to plan the deaths of family members and friends in your head. I have so been there. The good news is that that feeling goes away and you will not even be tempted by sugar in a couple of weeks.

Char said...

You can do it! You did great! Soon the headaches will pass and you'll feel great! :)