Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thirty Things I'm Thankful For

11. My husband. He is the perfect man for me. He is not perfect. Just perfect for me. I once read a saying that basically said "what if marriage is more about refining you, than making you happy?". It was worded better than that, but the meaning really stuck with me. I love that thought.

Today's society puts so many ideas into women's heads about what marriage should look like. It is hard work. It's rarely (if ever) flowers, expensive jewelry, and hot steamy "you- know -what" day and night (hey, this is a family blog-ha ha). A good marriage takes refining of your character over time as you grow with the other person. I hate being refined. Thankfully God and Tim know that I have potential to grow and be better and they won't allow me to stay at "average" or "status quo". I can be so much more (through Christ who gives me strength)! This could probably be another discussion/blog post all on it's own!

No comments: