Friday, September 18, 2009

Quote of the day

"One way of looking at this might be that, for 42 years, I've been making regular deposits in this bank of experience, education, and training. And on January 15, the balance was sufficient so that I could make a very large withdrawal."

-Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger III, pilot who saved all of his passengers and crew when he made and emergency landing on the Hudson River

I just think that this is a very neat quote. How true it is! Everything we learn/do is being stored up in us for a time that we will need it down the road. I need to read my Bible more and make more deposits into my brain, so that when I need to make a withdrawal later on, there will be a sufficient balance to withdraw from!

(Quote taken from the September 2009 Guideposts magazine)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Awesome quote! So very true!