Friday, May 22, 2009

Weekend Contest!

** Edited to add: I have found an artist name on the print (Guess I wasn't looking hard enough!) The artists name is Amos Sewell. I briefly looked his name up online, but have not found the print yet. It looks like Katherine and Sean are on the right track.

OK, I've decided to hold a little contest. But first, a little background. I found this picture at the Goodwill several weeks ago. I loved it! I'm not crazy about the fact that it is decoupaged to a piece of wood with two holes drilled in it and strings to hang it.


Here's the contest. I would like to find a nicer copy of this print. I have done minimal searching on the Internet to try to find it. So far, no luck. I have no author's name, no date, nothing really to go by except the picture itself. If you can find me this picture somewhere else on the Internet and be the first to leave a comment with the location, you will win a prize. (Make sure you leave me an email to reach you). It won't be a trip, a new car, or large sums of money, but I will try to make it worth your while.
I will keep the contest open until Monday May 25, 2009 at midnight. (Don't you just love how the pleasantly plump homemaker is looking wistfully at the size 12 dress form? The more I look at it, the more I love it...and can relate!)

8 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh my, she looks so sad though. I guess the broom has something to do with it.

SamandSawyersMom said...

http://mom2samandsawyer.blogspot.com/2009/05/i-won.html

That was easy

SamandSawyersMom said...

okay i searched everything no luck

Char said...

I looked last night some, but I didn't find anything close. Neat pic though!

Katherine said...

Sean has been looking, but so far nothing. :( Have you checked for initials on the print? It looks a very little like Norman Rockwell.

Char said...

It looks like it was on/in the January 26, 1957 Saturday Evening Post. Here is the website. Scroll down to the date.

http://www.pastpaper.com/List-SatEvePost55up.htm

Dress Form in Attic & Housewife by Sewell.

Char said...

Ok, i found it, but I see Mel found it first! I just happened to glance over and see that she had found it too!
Congrats Mel!! Good job!
http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/saturday-evening-post/37

Scroll down!

Jen said...

http://www.pastpaper.com/List-SatEvePost55up.htm

you can go here and order an original copy of the saturday evening post that this image was the cover for (January 26, 1957)

Then, have it framed. :)

It's only 20 bux.

Hope this helps!

Come on, when it comes to art, you know who to ask! ;)
Love you!!