Monday, February 23, 2009

Thrift Store Finds


The boys and I found these treasures the other day at the Goodwill. We spent $12 and some odd change. The boys favorite find was the Buzz Lightyear space rocket for 1.69. I was pleasantly surprised to find a stack of misc. plates that match ours. (We were down to three large and three small.) The plates were 2.59. Six cloth napkins with stitched flowers were 1.99. Wine rack was 2.29 or so.




This is how I intend to use the wine rack. I saw the idea online and really liked it.


I also found this really cute mug. I saw the "eye" side first and thought that it would be a neat gift for the eye Dr. that I work with. Then I turned the mug around and fell in love with this side.

I'm not sure what it is, but I just really like it. It is pottery and right now I have a fondness for it. It is Pennsbury Pottery which I knew nothing about, but now know is no longer made. I have since seen some other Pennsbury Pottery pieces online that I wouldn't mind having.



The poor economy has apparently affected Goodwill. A couple of weeks ago in the paper they had an ad stating they really needed donations. When we go into the stores, the shelves are half empty and that is so unusual!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I like the idea of using the wine rack as a magazine rack. That's cool/

Char said...

Cool finds! The mug is unique.

Amanda said...

Come on, we know the magazine rack is just a cover. I have seen your wine stash!!!!

hee hee

The mug is a real treasure.

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh my goodness that mug is ugly.
Sorry they have so much less. Maybe it is more that everyone is buying used because of the economy instead of giving less or both!