Monday, February 02, 2009

My tribute to the Cardinals....

After last nights heartbreaking loss, I thought the least I could do is honor the Cardinals today in my own special way. These are pics taken in our yard. What do you think he's saying? Maybe it's, "Hey baby, come here often?".
I love how he has snow on his beak in this one!

She was sitting in that hole and just as I snapped the picture, she flew out.





Caught with a sunflower seed in his mouth.



Sitting pretty.





We were so glad to have Cardinals join our birds this year. We have never had them at our bird feeder. They really like sunflower seeds!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

awesome pics! we had cardinal babies last year.

Amanda said...

Those are great pics! Are you getting ready for the nature/wildlife category at the fair this year?

SamandSawyersMom said...

very pretty

Crystal said...

haha those are too cute!!! great shots!

Katherine said...

I just happened to glance over at your weight loss chart. That's awesome! The cardinals are very pretty too. :)

Christine said...

They really are pretty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! We don't have snow here, so I always like to see other people's pictures of it.