Monday, January 05, 2009

New Year...New Thinking

I did not make any resolutions this year. No diets, no reading the Bible daily (or through in a year), no keeping up with the housework daily. Every resolution I can ever remember making has ended in what I perceived as "failure" after a few weeks or a few days.

Instead, I'm just trying, every day, to do better. I'm thankful that God's grace is new every morning. I don't have to follow the world's standards, guidelines, or lies anymore. Time and again they have not worked for me...and have usually worked against me. God has a better plan for me and I'm excited to see what that is.

Welcome 2009! I think you and I are going to be good friends.

In my next post, I'll tell you how I'm "not dieting" and how that has worked for me so far this year.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

good for you!!

Crystal said...

YAY!!!

SamandSawyersMom said...

good job..who needs to see their feet anyway? they aren't even beautiful. I mean, no matter how fat i get, i can see people's faces and those are what are important, no?