Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring....it's a good thing!

Monday was a great day. I got up, read my devotion, and walked for 20 min. on my new treadmill before the boys woke up. I was able to hang my first loads of laundry on the line for the season. I actually did preschool with the boys (it's very hit and miss, usually more miss). I had most of the things I wanted to do for the day done by 10 am. I took the boys outside to play and went for a walk down the driveway. For supper we grilled out. I made chicken kabobs with chicken, pineapple, and onion. I served them over rice with a little bit of green pepper in it. Yum!

Some people look forward to vacations to all the popular hot spots. I just look forward to days that go like that one.

So far so good today. I didn't get up as early as I wanted to today, but God gave me the time to walk 25 min. and do my devotions by allowing the boys to sleep in a little longer today. We are looking forward to having some visitors today, my friend Jaci and her little boy Zach. He is almost 1. I want to take a shower, do preschool, and straighten the house before she comes. I'm also going to try to bake a loaf of bread in the bread machine and make a boxed pumpkin cheesecake. That's what I'll be doing today, what's going on at your house today?

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

sounds like a wonderful day. i love it when everything just falls into place. it is so satisfying! I hope you have a wonderful day today too!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I have become very restless working so much and long for just one day with just my boys. Weekends are just so busy but we do connect with them but I want more! We may go on a fancy vacation every few years but i assure you that I also love the simple things and days as you described.

Praying for your friend Kathy's family.