Monday, April 28, 2008

Checking In

Just a quick update on some things around here.

The weight loss is going well. You can see updates to the right.

Larry, the man in Indiana, has had more positive news (at least the last I heard which was toward the middle to end of last week). His blood is not as toxic as it was, though he still has the infection. Some of his internal organs have started working again. Praise God. I will keep you updated as I know more.

I had another great weekend with Charity this weekend. We went to an all day scrap booking day. I am still working on the same three albums as last year and probably will be next year (but I hope not!). I did really well eating there and making good choices without completely depriving myself. It was not easy, but it gets a little easier each time and I pray that it develops into a lifetime of moderation and conscious choices. (And yes, two weekends with my fsil in three weeks, I really really owe my husband big time!!!).

God has been faithful to give me the time I've wanted this past M-W-F and now M again to exercise and do my devotions in the morning. Yes, I have had to get up earlier, but the boys have also been sleeping a little longer on the days that I didn't jump out of bed as quick as I should have. That is nothing short of a miracle.

Today I want to work on setting some goals for the day/week. I am also in a decluttering mode again (at least I was at 12:30 last night/this morning. I'm working on the kitchen cupboards. Last night I took out all the chipped plates and bowls. We have plenty of non chipped ones, there is no reason to keep the other ones. I also got rid of some glasses and things we haven't used for more than a year or more than once. I love decluttering! Unfortunately, I have this thing for garage sales and thrift stores which causes me to bring more stuff in after I've thrown stuff out.

3 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

i am blown away by the miracle in this man's life. this story touched me so deeply from the moment i read about him. I will continue to pray for him and for those around him that are witnessing this miracle.

Cheryl said...

Wow, i am glad Larry is doing better. I pray it continues. Good job on the weight loss!! Weekends are tough!

I would like to declutter too. Keep up the good work!

Jamie said...

Wow, I really hope Larry has a miracle in his life, how awesome a testimony that would be for him and his family. Please Lord, heal Larry.

I feel you on the decluttering. I"m trying to do that myself. It's great that you've had so much time with Charity lately. I wish I could do more of those girl weekends, but it seems I always have something else going on around here.

That's great that you've been able to do the exercise and devotions in the morning!!! Keep up the good work!!!