Friday, January 11, 2008

First Day of Preschool....

and all ready to learn! On Monday we started our version of preschool. I am using the book "Little Hands to Heaven". It's got a really easy layout and I really like it so far. It works with all the boys too and that is nice. So far we haven't done it on days I work.


The first day they painted pictures. The yellow depicted the light that God made when creating the earth. The blue was our night or darkness and the green was the earth or grass.Today they made letter A's using Cheerios. Each day has some acting or pretending, a craft, some verses to read in the Bible, a poem, and a song. I ordered the music, but it hasn't come yet, so we just skip that part.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

looks like they are all into it!! Fun!

kellerie said...

that sounds really cool. i love the cheerio letter idea. i might have to borrow that

Jamie said...

check my blog for comments

SamandSawyersMom said...

that is really cool. I started reading this post 4 times but just finished it this morning. I kept getting called away.

I love it and I think you will love doing it. I wish my life would slow down so I could do more of that stuff. Having 4 other kids makes it hard. GOOD FOR YOU!!

Make sure they are eating some of those whole grain Cheerios while they are making A's.

Char said...

they look adorable sitting there working on their A's!!