For more on the "Fall Into Reading 2007" challenge, click here or on the picture above.
I've picked 5 books to read this fall. They all have to do with parenting in some way or another. So many times I feel like I "parent" all day, and I don't want to read about how to do it better after the boys go to bed! So I'm taking this challenge so that I can finally get through books that I want to read, but haven't yet.
1. The Heart of a Mother compiled by Wayne Holmes. This book has "true stories of inspiration and encouragement from Stormie Omartian, Beth Moore, Sheila Walsh, Barbara Johnson, Gloria Gaither, Tracie Peterson and more".
2. Raising Kids God's Way by Kathi Hudson. This book was highly recommended to me by friends of ours who have 6 kids.
3. You've Got to be Kidding by Pat and Ruth Williams. Matthew got me this book for Christmas last year. Through combined families, this husband and wife have 19 kids. Pat Williams is the senior vice president of the NBA's Orland Magic.
4. The Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson. I've wanted to read this book for so long. I have started it and now I want to finish it. It's just so hard to read about the strong willed child after I've spent all day with him!
5. The Hair-Raising Joys of Raising Boys by Dave Meurer. The back of the book says "Through the hilarious happenings of his own parenting experiences, Dave Meurer will help you learn to value each moment with a little style, grace, and humor. because sometimes you just need to laugh."