Saturday, August 04, 2007

Good Radio Programs

The other day I mentioned a radio program that I was listening to. It is called "The essentials of a healthy home" parts 1 and 2. They were broadcast on Focus on the Family on July 23, 2007 and July 24, 2007. The speaker is Tommy Nelson. I just got around to listening to the second part tonight and I think it was even better than the first.

Here are the links. You can listen online.

http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/archives.asp?bcd=7/23/2007

http://www.oneplace.com/Ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/Archives.asp?bcd=2007-7-24


There are some great insights on raising kids. Some things that stuck with me:

-Are you the most godly man (woman) your child has met? If not, why not?

-Has your child ever seen you on your knees?

-Has your child seen you hugging your wife (husband)?

-You can't teach your kid if you don't have peace in your home.

-Pray the Bible with your kids. Not just "Thank you for this burrito, Amen" (We are so guilty of this one at our house). There is nothing wrong with that kind of prayer, but he says "you can do better". One of the ways is to pray the Bible with your kids. During prayer is a great time to throw in things you want to teach them. Ex: "Dear God, thank you, for it is by your grace we are saved. We know that if we come to you and repent of our sins, you will forgive us." That is an example I made up. His are much more intense, and I don't know if I will ever be at that point. But that's not the point. It's the teaching aspect. It's another way to share our faith with our kids.

Those were all from the first day. I was taking notes at every stop sign on my way to work! I haven't had time to do more than listen to the second day.

No comments: