Monday, July 23, 2007

SURPRISE!

On Saturday, Matthew and I had a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad. It was a lot of fun. He thought he was coming to my house to watch the kids so that Tim and I could go out. We had it at Matthew and Lynden's house. My cousins...Wearing the shirts that I had made with the sayings that my dad always says...."Every day is a new adventure", "The company is going to do what the company is going to do", "Life's not fair", and "People are complex critters".Watching my dad open gifts. My dad thanking everyone and telling them how much they all mean to him.
Tyler and my aunt Marlene watching the lava lamp. We had disco lights, lava lamps, and 60 's music playing.


My friend, Tracy, and I. Her husband Ed is the one who ran for state representative last year.


7 comments:

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh that is great. i love the shirts. He is funny. i love the crying one.
Wow, that was sweet

Unknown said...

We had a surprise 50th for my dad that was very fun. On my dad's 60th my mom totaled his car with pregnant me in it the day after the blackout of 2003...I am glad your dad's 60th went better.

Amanda said...

Happy 60th Birthday dad R.
I know you have more pictures and I can't wait to see them!!!!

Jamie said...

Aw, that's so awesome, Happy Birthday Lura's papa!!

Crystal said...

That was soo cool of you guys to do for your daddy!!! I love the shirts you made too......that was a very cool idea! ha ha HAPPY BIRTHDAY LURA'S DADDY!

kellerie said...

I love your dad's advice! those are all so true.

Cheryl said...

That is so cool. Your dad is so cute. He looked happy! Love the shirts. Good job!