Monday, July 30, 2007

Birds Nest In Our Tomatoes- Take Two

We found this birds nest in our tomatoes a couple of weeks ago. We think it is a wren's nest. It has 4 eggs. The mother is on the nest most of the time now and she doesn't fly away even when I'm picking tomatoes about 6 inches from her. There is a whole bunch of tomatoes right above her nest. I have picked the biggest one so that it doesn't fall on the eggs.
If you look really close in this picture you can see the momma bird in the middle looking up at me.

(The pictures should all be zoomable now. Not sure what I did different.)

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I can't believe she just sits there with you that close.

SamandSawyersMom said...

I can't see her. I really can't. is she grey

Char said...

that's so neat! i can't wait to see the pic of the babies when they hatch. what fun that'll be to show your boys.

Lura said...

She is brown. If you look in the middle you can see her black eye with a white stripe over it.

SamandSawyersMom said...

the white stripe comment sent my eye straight to her. now I see her. wow

Crystal said...

wow, that is really neat......does she eat the tomatoes?