Friday, March 09, 2007

Diet Update

Today my scale at home said 200! I am so close to that 199, I can taste it. Ha ha. There's just something about getting under 200.

For the new people who are reading and have asked, here is what I'm doing to lose weight.

I try to only eat bread/pasta/potatoes (one, not all 3) once a day.
I drink diet pop.
I try to stay away from sugar ( really sweet stuff, not like the sugar in a piece of bread).
I am eating in moderation. As in looking at the serving size. I count out Fritos (32 is a serving). I eat two smaller meals a day and one larger.
I try to get 64 oz of water a day.
I do not limit my fruits or vegetables. They didn't make me fat.
I occasionally allow myself treats, but not until I was several weeks into the diet and very committed to it.
I am part of a weight loss challenge at work. They last for 5 weeks which I think makes it not seem so "permanent" or "daunting". In the last challenge I won $70. Money and accountability are great motivators.
*Edited to add that I also kept a food diary for the first 2 months. If you want to see how much weight I've lost, scroll to the bottom of this page and look for the hula girl. I usually update her on Wednesdays.

4 comments:

TheNormalMiddle said...

Good for you Lura, we're on this journey together. YOU CAN DO IT!!! In Jesus name! :)

Crystal said...

Way to go! I love that hula girl thing at the bottom, that's cute and clever.

SamandSawyersMom said...

You go girl. Could you lose 150 for me...thanks so much!

Cheryl said...

how about 50 for me.