Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Little Things


God really does care about the little things in our lives. All we have to do is give it over to him and stop worrying about it. I had some stuff in my mind last night about work. This morning at 7:00 I prayed about it and by 8:30 or so, some of the main things I had worried about were resolved! This has happened over and over and yet most of the time, I worry about something and try to figure out a solution on my own. Worrying is human, but not biblical!


Phil 4:6-7 (NNAS) Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication (def: A humble petition; an earnest request; an entreaty).with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


In other words, Don't worry, instead pray humbly to God, and thank Him for what he's doing and what he's going to do about the situation. Then the peace of God, which no one can fathom, will come over your heart and your mind. Sounds like pretty good advice to me!

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Thank you, Lura, I needed this reminder......I do have to stop trying to figure everything out on my own!

SamandSawyersMom said...

Amen. I love to remember also that GOD can't dissapoint us. it is impossible. he is perfect so he is uncapable of failing us. WHAT A GUARENTEE!!