Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Sickness Abounds

There is nothing that warms a mother's heart as much as the phrase "Mommy, I'm going to spill my guts out". Especially when that child is sitting in your recliner!

Tim started the week sick. Originally he was dying, but his condition has been upgraded quite a bit. Isaiah was a little congested mid week. Ethan and Tyler woke up kind of lethargic on Thursday and Tyler had diarrhea. Tyler "spilled his guts" on Friday. They all seemed to be well after that, other than an occasional cough.

We decided to go to a birthday party yesterday (I really hope we didn't share anything there!). Then played at my mom and dads and came home and went to bed.

This morning at 5 am, Tyler was awake with diarrhea again (aren't you glad I'm sharing this) and he and Ethan stayed awake in the living room with me after that. I did get a movie watched (Janette Oke's "Love comes Softly"). Now everyone is kind of just moping around. I have congestion in my chest, but nothing terrible, so I'm still able to care for everyone else. Tim got up at 8 and took over with the boys so that I could go back to sleep for a little bit.

I would love to just get everyone out and disinfect the whole house, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Please pray that this ends quickly and that no one gets any worse. They have all just been to the Dr. recently, and I really don't want to take them back.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh you poor thing. It's terrible when your baby is sick, but all of them and the husband and you. I feel for you. I hope you all feel better soon.

Crystal said...

Hope you feel better! You are all in my prayers!

Amanda said...

let me know if you need help. I can come and watch the kids if you need me to so you can sleep, or they can come over this week so you can clean and disinfect.

SamandSawyersMom said...

Oh Amanda, i think you have enough on your plate my friend. I feel awlful for you. I hope all gets better....poor uncle this week.

SamandSawyersMom said...

How are things this morning, any better??