Friday, November 17, 2006

This is me!

I just saw the greatest thing on another blog. It said "Thrift shops are like catnip to me". That is so true! I get so excited to go shopping at the thrift store. I would much rather go there than any other store. My last trip I found a pair of winter boots for Tyler for 1.99, a new Gooseberry Patch cookbook for .99, a muffin cookbook for .79, three vintage glass cups for .39 each, 2 pairs of training underwear for .59 each, and a lift the flap book. My total was less than $9 and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. The Gooseberry Patch cookbooks sell for $16.95. Several of these items will be gifts for friends (not the underwear-he he).

1 comment:

SamandSawyersMom said...

I feel that way about yard sales. Thrift stores here just are not like that anymore. Most items are close to the price of it new. I hate seeing a cookbook for $5 but it happens all the time. We have one store (independently owned) which is still dirt cheap but the prices are already starting to rise. So Sad!! If I was president.....