Wednesday, July 05, 2006

ITS ALL ABOUT THE CANDY!



We've had a busy few days. On Saturday we went to the local parade which I have to say is much better than the larger city next to us. They throw tons of candy and it just has a nice small town feel. The boys talk a lot about the fire trucks and how loud they were. See above picture. After the parade we went up to the fireman's festival and ate lunch. The boys got to meet Biscuit the dog. Tyler hugged on her for a half hour at least. On Sunday, in the afternoon we hung out at the inlaws house and my nephew (who is 11 today- Happy Birthday Jacob!) taught me several different versions of poker. Later that evening, I went back up to the festival while Tim and the boys came back home to sleep. We ate cotton candy, onion rings, and fried pickles under the big tent during a thunderstorm. Then we stopped and got ice cream and took it home to eat while waiting for the fireworks to start. We can watch the fireworks from our yard. That's really convenient!

Yesterday we went to the other parade and lunch at my parents house. It's really nice having a friend who lives on the parade route (Thanks Amanda!) It seems almost the same every year, the whole day does. There's something nice about tradition. The boys enjoyed the water fight this year and enjoyed playing in the new sprinkler that grandma and grandpa bought. I got to play Euchre with my cousins and that was fun. We all went home wet, tired, dirty and happy. I think that is the second time I have mentioned my boys being dirty and happy. I think boys and dirt go together!

4 comments:

Polaris Rider said...

I love four wheelin'!!

Polaris Rider said...

Dirt and boys and happiness go together!!

Polaris Rider said...

Dirt and fourwheeling kinda go together. he he

SamandSawyersMom said...

love the bucket hats