Friday, August 17, 2007

Prayer Requests

Please pray for my friends Patty and Joanne. They are both nurses who work with me.

Patty's mother has pancreatic cancer (has only known about 6 months) and it does not look like she will be around much longer. Patty and Joanne were supposed to host Isaiah's birthday party next weekend (they are wanting to start their own catering/kids party company). I told Patty yesterday that we could put it off so that she could spend some time with her mom before she dies.

Today Patty called me and said that Joanne is in the hospital with a possible heart attack. Joanne is in Iowa on vacation visiting her son and his family.

Joanne and Patty have been friends for quite awhile. Their kids have grown up together. Patty has been through a lot (that's an understatement) in the past two years. Her husband passed away 2 years ago from cancer at 49. They were high school sweethearts.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask for your prayers for both of them. They are both great Christian women who are very special to me.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Will do!

SamandSawyersMom said...

oh my gosh, I will right now...

Crystal said...

Oh, how awful!!! I will definitely pray for them and please keep us posted.